Monday, May 10, 2010

Before and After


Original:

Edit:


This wasn't one of my most favorite photos from the shoot, but it was decent, and I wanted to play around with the editing.  I get a personal attachment to some photos and can't seem to deviate from my normal editing comfort zone.  While I think that it's good I am defining my "style" I often envy the various post processing styles I see.  I started with basic ACR adjustments like normal.  Then, for this photo, since I didn't have that personal attachment I often do, I tried going much warmer on my edit by applying a warming filter.  I straightened the photo so the lines of the bridge weren't distractingly tilted and cropped in.  Then I did some cosmetic edits to skin, a little USM and called it a day.  I am pleased with the result.  

Canon 20D, Canon 35mm f2
f4.0, 1/400, ISO 100

1 comment: