Thursday, May 13, 2010

Twelve Weeks Challenge: Week Two

I got ambitious, and like the overachiever I am I completed the Two Peas week 2 assignment today as well.  Most of these are concepts I wanted to refresh rather than learn for the first time so they don't take long.  This week's lesson is on shutter speed and ISO.  The assignment is to study the effects of shutter speed on flowing water, which is very fast action.  The photos show how you can freeze the motion using a fast shutter speed, and how the water appears to be flowing with a slower shutter speed.  All shots taken with Canon 20D, 35mm f2 lens, Tv mode.

SS 1/80




SS 1/1000

And for a little more close-up action (new shots, not just crops of shots above).  For these I tried slightly different shutter speeds.

SS 1/50


SS 1/500

I didn't do anything for the *bonus lesson* because pretty much any photo you have seen of mine since last November is an example of a photo taken in Manual mode.

Two Peas in a Bucket Photography

Week Two Lesson

No comments:

Post a Comment